31 things to do before december 31st
the countdown has begun!
October 31, 2013Column: deliberate polish
1. trim the tree. add tinsel.
2. put a twinkle in someone's eye.
3. treat yourself to a new shade of lipstick.
4. sit by a roaring fireplace surrounded by s'mores-in-progress.
5. go ice skating.
6. drink a hot chocolate. (well, more than one.)
7. make your january 1st resolutions. now break them while you have the chance.
8. decide what your favorite champagne cocktail is.
9. spend a rainy or snowy day writing your holiday cards.
10. organize dinner with old friends.
11. fall in love with a party dress.
12. fill your apartment with fresh flowers.
13. get a glitter french manicure—try rose gold glitter polish with black glitter tips.
14. then, get a glitter pedicure.
15. leave a little sparkle wherever you go.
16. make a new playlist of re-mixed holiday tunes.
17. master your mom's mashed potato recipe.
18. host an arm party: stack on the sparkly bangles for a night out.
19. sneak a kiss under the mistletoe.
20. see the lighting of the christmas tree at the metropolitan museum. (it's in the medieval wing.)
21. pick this year's wrapping paper:
black and white stripe paper with metallic bows...shades of pink...shade of metallic...
mixed metallics...matte paper with glitter ribbon…
22. try something new. glitter tennis shoes?
23. host a cocktail party and don't even think about cleaning up till the next day.
24. make time for a little dancing during your pre-party prep.
25. take a stroll (or drive) through your favorite neighborhood after dark and enjoy the twinkling lights.
26. dazzle everyone at the office holiday party.
27. go somewhere you can wear a fabulous masquerade ball mask.
28. take the long way home from a party, just to wear your dress a little bit longer.
30. open one present early. (it's totally ok.)
31. dance till dawn.